Lemon and Lavender Mousse with Blueberry Soup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter , cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large egg , plus 4 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh lavender blossoms
- 3/4 cup heavy cream , whipped
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen, unthawed) blueberries , plus additional fresh blueberries for garnish
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 stick cinnamon
To make soup: In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar, 1/4 cup room temperature water, lemon zest, lemon juice and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Let mixture cool 10 minutes. Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Puree blueberry mixture in blender until smooth. Strain through a sieve set over a bowl. Discard solids; cover soup and refrigerate.
To serve, peel paper cups off mousse and place mousse in shallow bowls. Pour soup around mousse and garnish with blueberries.