Ten Ways to Declutter Your Home
Is clutter taking over your home? Peter Walsh has 10 easy ways you can de-clutter your home and your life today.How to Keep Your House Clutter-Free
- Tackle messes one room at a time.
- When you buy something new, practice the "in-out rule:" For every one new item, get rid of an old one.
- Create intimacy in the master bedroom. Remember that improvements in one room can spread to the rest of the house.
- Make cleaning up fun for your kids.
- Create a vision for the room you're cleaning.
- Teach your kids how to sort.
- Use a hanger system to determine which clothes you wear most.
- Ask yourself if you really need something. If you hesitate, you don't.
- Establish a "magic triangle" in your kitchen between the stove, refrigerator and the sink. Keep the items you use most in that area.
- Identify useful utensils with the cardboard box test.
See a demonstration