Easy Ways to Make Your Home More Welcoming for Guests
Nothing says "welcome" like light. If your guests are arriving at night, make sure you turn on all the outside lights. Inside, keep overhead lights at a comfortable level. I love using dimmers and adding warm ambience with lamps.
- Wrap white strings of lights (lovely all year) around windows and doorways.
- Use paper lanterns for indoor and outdoor gatherings.
- Dim overhead lights for evening parties, and turn on lamps for a warm, festive glow.
- Place lit candles (or use flameless candles) throughout the house.
- Decorate areas with glass or metal lanterns and floating candles in vases.
- Create a path of mason jar luminaries for your front walkway.