3 No-Equipment Workouts You Can Do Anywhere
1. With your feet wider than shoulder distance apart and your weight in your heels, squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor or as close to that as you can get. Your feet should be turned outward at a 40-degree angle, and your butt should be sticking out behind you.
2. Bend your elbows and raise your arms out to the sides until your hands are level with your ears.
3. As you push through your heels to come out of the squat, push your hands up and in until they lightly touch directly over your head, then lower them back to ear level as you get back down into starting position. Do 15 reps.
1. Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip width apart.
2. Bend your knees, stick your butt back and come down into a squat position.
3. Continue to bend your knees as you bend forward from the hips and put your hands on the ground in front of your feet.
4. Jump your feet out behind you to get into a plank position. Squeeze your core the whole time.
5. Jump your feet back in toward your hands and return to starting position. Do 15 reps.
1. From the plank position of your last burpee, bend your right knee and bring it toward your chest.
2. As you bring your right foot back to plank position, bend your left knee and bring it toward your chest. Continue alternating right and left for 30 seconds.
Jumping Jacks with Side and Front Arm Raises
1. Stand with your feet together and arms down at your sides.
2. Jump your feet out wide as your raise your arms out to the side to shoulder height, palms facing the floor.
3. Bring your feet back together as your lower your arms.
4. Jump your feet back out wide, but this time, raise your arms to the front to shoulder weight with palms facing down.
5. Bring your feet back together as you lower your arms. Continue alternating between side arm raises and front arm raises as you jump your feet in and out, doing 15 reps of each.
Reverse Lunge to High Kick
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and your hands on your hips.
2. Take a large step back with your right foot into a lunge position so that both legs are bent in 90-degree angles. (If you have problems with your knees, bend them only as much as you can without feeling any discomfort.) Lean forward slightly to feel more work in your glutes.
3. Push into your left heel and come up out of the lunge. As you come back to standing, bring your right leg forward and go directly into a straight-leg high kick. Do 15 reps on each leg.
1. Start with your feet shoulder width apart and your hands on your hips.
2. Step your right leg out to the side. Make sure to step into your right heel, keeping the right knee directly over your ankle. Bend your right knee until it's at a 90-degree angle while you keep your left leg straight. Make sure your hips, knees and feet are all pointing forward.
3. Push off your right heel to come out of the lunge. Do 15 reps on each leg.
Side-Plank Oblique Crunches
1. Position yourself in a side plank, resting on your right forearm, with your left hand behind your head.
2. Bring your left elbow toward the floor as you twist your torso slightly, then return to the starting position. Do 15 repetitions on each side.
1. Get into a pushup position with your hands close together. Your thumbs and forefingers should touch and form a diamond shape.
2. Keeping your core tight and your elbows as close to your sides as possible, lower your chest toward the floor. (If it feels too difficult, switch to your knees.) Return to starting position and do 15 reps total.