Tex-Mex Tortilla Salad Recipe
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 (8") flour or 6 (6") corn tortillas
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce (from about 1Ž2 head)
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- Kernels from 1 ear corn, cut off the cob
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into ½" dice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into ½" dice
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Toast tortillas until hot (cut in half if needed to fit in toaster). When tortillas are cool enough to handle, tear into bite-size pieces and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, cumin, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix lettuce, beans, corn, avocado, pepper, cilantro, and onion. Add tortillas and toss with reserved dressing. Let sit 15 to 30 minutes, transfer to a platter, and serve.