Affordable, Stress-Free Garden Party Tables
Decorating diva Katie Brown has the perfect ways to dress your table for a summer garden party, from a "halo of greens" chandelier to personalized menus that will also cool your guests off!Create Your Own Garden Party Table
- Wrap old drapery or fabric around your table and tie them on the corners. This simple touch can give your entire presentation a dramatic flare.
- Make simple napkins exotic! Thread ribbon through them for decoration—dress them up!
- Place a unique setting, like a homemade tray, at each spot. Try using ribbon to cover inexpensive picture frames, like wrapping a present. Decorate each one differently so each guest feels special.
- Chicago wedding-planners A Perfect Event suggest setting a paper fan at each place setting with the menu written on it! Katie suggests using their idea so that your guests will know exactly what you're serving, or have a chance to cool themselves off!
- Give your chairs a little flair! Take ordinary table runners and tie them to the back of each chair with a bow. You can even put flowers in each bow for fun.
- Make a party favor they'll actually use! Take ordinary Epsom salt, mix it with aromatherapy and a few herbs, and put it in small bottles—they'll make your table smell great, and guests can take them home as party favors!
- Make your own halo chandelier. Decorate Styrofoam wreaths with inexpensive greenery, flowers and ribbons. (Attach everything with spray adhesive or hot glue.)
- Cover a table with basic paving slates—you can write guests' names on them with chalk, or adorn them with rocks for a more "Zen" feel!
- Don't spend too much money on flowers! Fill vases with water, putting rocks at the bottom, and float tea light candles instead.
- Remember, the idea is to stay simple and affordable. Pick and choose which ideas are right for you!
See a demonstration