Sicilian Tuna Salad Sandwich
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (6.7-ounce) jar olive-oil packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 Tbsp. capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 English muffins, toasted
- ¼ cup baby arugula
In a food processor, combine beans, mascarpone, salt, and lemon zest, and process for 30 seconds, until pureed. With machine running, add lemon juice and olive oil, and continue to process until smooth, about another 30 seconds. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together tuna, chopped celery stalks and leaves, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Spread 2 Tbsp. of white bean spread onto each English muffin half. Arrange a few arugula leaves on spread and top with 2 Tbsp. of tuna salad and a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe Reprinted from Giada’s Italy, © 2018 by GDL Foods Inc. Photographs by Aubrie Pick. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.