Salmon in Parchment with Olive Butter Recipe
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 10 picholine (or other green) olives, pitted and chopped
- ½ tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large carrot, cut into 2 inch-long, ¼ inch-thick matchsticks
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 2 inch-long, ¼ inch-thick matchsticks
- 6 (5- to 6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned, for serving
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds, for serving
DirectionsActive time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Preheat oven to 450°. In a medium bowl, blend butter, olives, lemon zest, juice, and salt.
Measure out 6 sheets of parchment paper, each 15" square. Fold each sheet in half, and use scissors to cut out a wide half heart along the parchment's seam, so that when reopened it forms a full heart. Repeat with remaining sheets.
Divide olive butter and vegetables into 6 portions. On a baking sheet, open 1 parchment sheet and spread a portion of butter on half the heart, at widest part. Top with a portion of carrot and zucchini sticks, then a salmon fillet. Close parchment, making sure paper covers filling. Starting at the top, seal the package by folding over the edge and making a sharp crease. Repeat folding and creasing along the heart's edge, folding pointed end under package to seal it. Repeat with remaining parchment cutouts, olive butter, vegetables, and salmon. (Assembled packages can be refrigerated overnight.)
Divide 6 packages between 2 baking sheets, spacing evenly. Bake until fish is flaky, 12 to 14 minutes. You'll hear juices bubbling, and packages may expand slightly when done.
To serve, cut open packages with a small serrated knife before sliding contents onto plates. Serve small bowls of orange sections and almonds at the table for topping.
More Seafood Recipes