Indian Naan Lentil Salad Recipe
- 3 pieces naan
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. curry powder
- Dash of ground ginger
- 1 cup cooked or canned lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shaved into strips (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 nectarine, pitted and cut into ½ dice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into ½ dice
- ¼ cup finely diced white onion
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
Active time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Toast naan until golden (cut in half if needed to fit in toaster). When naan is cool enough to handle, tear into bite-size pieces and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt, curry powder, and ground ginger; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix lentils, carrots, nectarine, pepper, onion, raisins, and cilantro. Add naan and toss with reserved dressing. Let sit 15 to 30 minutes, transfer to a platter, and serve.