Garlic Shrimp in a White Bean Ragu Recipe
Serves 2 to 4
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 4 Tbsp. grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. truffle honey
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
In a medium bowl season shrimp with smoked paprika, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
Heat two tablespoons of the grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to skillet; sauté until just cooked through. Place shrimp into a bowl and set aside.
Return the skillet to heat and add remaining oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, bay leaf and sauté until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook until most of the liquid evaporates. Add tomato paste and cook until mixture starts to darken. Add beans, broth and thyme and simmer until a thick consistency is reached.
Return the shrimp to the pan and cook until just heated through. Season to taste and drizzle with truffle honey.
From Eating Well to Win: Inspired Living Through Inspired Cooking (Mango) by Richard Ingraham.