Falafel Waffles Recipe
- 1 (10-ounce) box falafel mix
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 seedless English cucumber, sliced
- 1 pint mixed cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese (like chèvre or feta), broken into small chunks
- Dill leaves, for garnish
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
In a large bowl, add falafel mix, then add 1/4 cup olive oil and egg, along with water per package instructions, stirring to combine. Let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, soak onion in cold water.
Preheat wafflemaker. In a food processor, pulse cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, vinegar, and pepper until finely chopped, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. With machine running, add remaining 1/4 cup oil. Transfer half of vinaigrette to a large bowl along with cucumber, tomatoes, and cheese. Toss to combine; set aside. Reserve remaining vinaigrette.
Spray wafflemaker with nonstick cooking spray. Add a heaping Tbsp. of falafel mix, repeating to form 4 small mounds (one for each waffle). Close wafflemaker, pressing top down gently. Cook until waffles are golden brown and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat 3 times with remaining falafel mix. Drain onion and add to salad. Serve falafel atop salad; drizzle with reserved vinaigrette and garnish with dill.