Creamless Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, skin on
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. mashed, roasted garlic
- 1 Tbsp. chopped scallions
- 3 Tbsp. plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tsp. rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium chicken broth
DirectionsIn a heavy-bottomed pot, add the water, potatoes and salt. Bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Allow the potatoes to cook for about 20 minutes, until fork-tender.
Once the potatoes are cooked, strain them and let them cool down slightly so you can peel them. Using a potato masher, smash the potatoes until they break apart, and mix in the chopped garlic, herbs and yogurt until they are well incorporated. Add olive oil and re-season with cracked black pepper and kosher salt.