Cat Cora's Asparagus and Snow Pea Salad with Lime Vinaigrette and Pepitas Recipe
Get Cat Cora's full backyard party menu
Pepita is the Spanish term for "pumpkin seed"; you can substitute toasted pine nuts, sunflower seeds, pecans, or walnuts.
- Kosher salt
- 1½ pounds thin asparagus spears, trimmed and cut crosswise on the bias into 1½-inch pieces
- 2 cups snow peas, strings removed (about 6 ounces)
- 1½ Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp. lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup shelled, roasted, and salted pepitas
DirectionsTotal time: 30 minutes
Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and snow peas; cook 30 seconds. Drain, rinse in very cold water, and drain well again.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, lime juice, sugar, 1 tsp. salt, pepper, garlic, and shallot. While continuing to whisk, drizzle in oil until thickened. Add asparagus, snow peas, and parsley; toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with pepitas, and serve.
Per serving: 116 calories, 9 grams fat, 4 grams protein, 7 grams carbohydrates.