Bacon-and-Egg Breakfast Pasta Recipe
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stemmed and chopped
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
Total time: 20 minutes
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding chard during last 3 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, drain pasta and chard, then return to pot.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. Break into pieces when cool.
Wipe out skillet and heat oil over medium. Crack eggs into skillet and cook to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes for runny yolks.
Toss pasta and chard with reserved pasta water, Parmesan, salt and pepper; fold in bacon. Divide among 4 bowls and top each with an egg. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with additional Parmesan, if desired.