6 Reasons Your Hair Is Making You Look Older
2. You've got too much volume, part 2. Hair that's too heavy at the bottom can drag down your features; a few layers toward the crown can take some of the weight off and draw attention away from vertical lines.
3. You've got too little movement. Hair that's sprayed or gelled in place—or that is cut in such a way that it has no swing or doesn't encourage you to move your hands through it—makes you look as if your style, too, is frozen in place.
4. You've got heavy bangs. Again, softer is more flattering, more youthful.
5. You love your flat iron. Straight hair is great. Super-straight flat-ironed hair can look severe.
6. You're doing chunky highlights, which can make you look as if you're holding onto the '90s. Also, if your color has no variation, that never looks real; and if you chose a color that's too dark, it washes out your complexion.
You can follow Enrique Ouvrard at @enriquefekkai.
You can follow Valerie Monroe @thisisvalmonroe.
Want more stories like this delivered to your inbox? Sign up for the Oprah.com Style Newsletter!