Ready to chop off your locks for a good cause? It's easy! Follow the instructions below and you too can make a difference in someone's life.
Hair Donation Instructions:
- Donated hair must be a minimum of 8 inches long (measure hair from just above the elastic band of the ponytail to the ends).
- Wavy/curly hair texture is fine—you may straighten hair to measure.
- Hair should be freshly washed and completely dry, without any styling products.
- Hair may be colored with vegetable dyes, rinses and semi-permanent dyes. It cannot be bleached, permanently colored or chemically treated.
- Hair may not be more than 5 percent gray.
- Hair must be clean (shampooed and/or conditioned) without styling, hairspray or additional hair products.
- Gather hair at the nape of the neck.
- Create a ponytail using an elastic band. Ensure the band is tight around the hair to keep the hair together after cutting. If the hair comes out of the band it will not be usable. (A second hair band can be placed around the middle of the ponytail to help keep the hair together after cutting.)
- Ensure the elastic band is just below where you want to cut your hair.
- Measure the length of the ponytail from the elastic band; make sure the hair is at least 8 inches. Any length shorter than 8 inches is too short to be used in a wig and will not be used. There is no maximum length requirement. (If your hair is not 8 inches, continue to grow your hair out.)
- Cut the hair just above the elastic band such that the band remains on the ponytail after cutting and keeps the hair together. Do not wash or style the ponytail in any way after it has been cut off.
- Place the ponytail, kept intact and completely dry, in a plastic zipper-lock bag.
- Place the plastic bag with the ponytail in a padded or plastic envelope and mail to:
Pantene Beautiful Lengths
511 Wisconsin Drive
New Richmond, WI 54017-2613.
- For written acknowledgement, please be sure to include your full name and address with your ponytail donation.
Published on January 01, 2006