Photo: Greg Broom
Reinvented chains, from giant to ultrafine, are a new way to give hip texture to everyday clothes.
From left, top down:
1. Tough meets luxe when a chain bracelet is unexpectedly broken up by square-set "diamonds." Giles & Brother by Philip Crangi, $100
2. Get a lock on industrial chic in a witty necklace that resembles a jumbo gilded bicycle chain. Michael Kors, $700
3. A casually knotted cascade of thin links drapes like a scarf. Lisa Freede Jewelry, $48
4. Instead of one pricey bracelet, buy a few affordable ones, like this chunky gunmetal number, and stack them up. R.J. Graziano, $65
5. Give a twist—literally—to a simple top with an exuberantly tangled web of gold-plated chains. Dannijo, $595
6. Rock your wrist! This newfangled bangle is fringed with fine chains. Anna Sheffield, $450
7. Links of different sizes and colors (a signature of today's chains) make for a thick, textural braided necklace. Gemma Redux, $369
More from O's Fall Fashion Handbook
From the October 2009 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine
We Hear You!