The Judds airs Sundays at 10/9c, only on OWN.
(makes 24 deviled eggs)
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise-style salad dressing or mayonnaise (regular, reduced-fat, or nonfat)
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish, squeezed of excess liquid
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 drops hot-pepper sauce, or more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Paprika, for garnish
1. Place eggs in large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring slowly to just under a boil. Then gently cook for 10 minutes.
2. Carefully pour off the hot water and cover the eggs with ice water. Let stand for 15 minutes.
3. Gently crack the eggs and peel under cold running water, starting from the large end. (There should be an air pocket under the large end, making the peeling easy to start from this point.)
4. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise with a long thin knife. Remove the yolks and place in a medium bowl. Set the whites aside. Mash the yolks with a fork. Mix in the remaining ingredients (except paprika) until they have the consistency of mashed potatoes. If the filling is too thick, add a little more pickle juice or salad dressing, depending on your own preference. Spoon the filling into the hollowed-out whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.