Sea Bass and Cucumber Salsa Recipe
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine
- 2 sea bass fillets (3 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , smashed
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 cucumber , peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 scallions , chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro , chopped
In a medium saucepan over low heat, stir together the soy sauce, mirin, sugar and wine. Stir frequently until the sugar is completely dissolved. About 3 minutes. You can leave in the pan.
Dredge sea bass in the flour. Set aside.
Heat a skillet on medium-high heat until hot. Add the olive oil until hot but not smoking. Sauté the sea bass for 2 1/2 minutes on each side until browned. Reduce the heat to medium then pour in the sauce mixture and cover with a lid. Lower heat to medium and cook until the fish is cooked through about 5 to 6 minutes.
Plate onto a platter and pour the pan juices over the top of the fish. Serve immediately with the salsa on the side, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Inactive prep time: 0 minutes
Cook time: 13 to 14 minutes