Roasted Vegetable Quinoa
- 3 parsnips , peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 6-8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
To roast vegetables: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toss vegetables with olive oil, salt, thyme and pepper. Arrange vegetables in a single layer and bake for 40 minutes. Stir vegetables once and turn baking sheet halfway through cooking.
To prepare the quinoa: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 12 to 14 minutes until fully cooked. Fluff with a fork.
To make dressing: Whisk together all the ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
To assemble, mix the dressing and the quinoa, then add vegetables and toss to combine.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
This recipe may appear slightly modified from what you've seen on television.