- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and smashed
- 2 slices prosciutto , diced
- 3/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 fifteen-ounce cans cannellini beans
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 8 cups chicken broth (2 quarts)
- 6 ounces mini farfalle (bow tie) pasta , dried
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil for garnish
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2–3 leaves fresh basil , rolled up tightly and sliced thinly
Cool for 30 minutes. Place the soup in a blender in batches and purée for 30 seconds or until slightly chunky. Pour the soup back into a clean stock pot. Continue to purée the mixture until all the soup has been puréed. Bring soup mixture to a boil. Then add pasta and cook until al dente.
Ladle into a serving bowl and garnish with a generous portion of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and a teaspoon each of balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil over the top.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 38 to 45 minutes
This recipe may appear slightly modified from what you've seen on television.