- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Extra unsalted butter for greasing pan
Once cooled, add eggs and vanilla extract; mix well. Blend in flour and mix, being careful not to over-mix. Finally, mix semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired.
Pour batter into greased baking dish and spread evenly. Tap the pan on countertop three or four times to rid batter of any air bubbles. Bake the brownies for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out almost clean. Be careful not to over-bake.
Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing into squares. Serve with ice cream and garnish with chocolate sauce and fresh mint (optional).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
This recipe may appear slightly modified from what you've seen on television.