- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs, skin removed, cut in pieces
- 1 pound turkey andouille sausage
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound catfish, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 tsp. Art's Creole Seasoning (see recipe)
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped jalapeño
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
For the jambalaya: Heat olive oil in either a large Dutch oven or a large pot over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and sausage and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until brown. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery. Cook until lightly brown.
Add Creole seasoning, tomato paste, tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add bay leaves, stir in rice and season with salt. Reduce to a simmer, then cover. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated, about 25 minutes. Then add shrimp and catfish.
Before serving, remove the bay leaves and stir in the chopped herbs.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
This recipe may appear slightly modified from what you've seen on television.