Cheesy Hamburger Hash
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 bag (1 pound, 4 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes with onions
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs (or other variety), undrained
- 1 Tbsp. pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend (mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Melt butter in same skillet. Add potatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until almost tender. Stir in beef, tomatoes and pizza seasoning. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until thoroughly heated through.
Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Cover and heat until cheese is melted.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook: 15 Minutes
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 35%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 4 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate choices: 2