- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 – 115 degrees)
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsps all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Sprinkle the package of yeast and the sugar into warm water and let sit.
In a large bowl, mix together flour and salt.
Add milk and olive oil.
Add yeast mixture and work into dough.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, using floured hands.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and cover with a dish towel.
Let sit for 2 hours until the dough doubles in size.
After the dough has risen, mix together the filling ingredients.
Using your hands, pull the dough into a large rectangle.
Spread the mixture over the dough.
Roll the dough lengthwise into a log.
Cut diagonally into 10 triangles and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Immediately top with grated parmesan. Serve warm.
Yields: 10 Rolls