Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 2 1/2 lbs gold potatoes (about 6 medium sized), peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 4 to 6 ounces goat cheese
Place potatoes in a saucepan. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, and just enough water to cover the potatoes.
Cover and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes, or until very tender. Drain.
Add potatoes back into the pan.
Place the butter and milk into a microwave safe dish and heat for 1 minute (or place in a small sauce pan over low heat, and cook until the butter is melted).
Add the milk mixture, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and sour cream to the potatoes.
Whip the potatoes with an electric mixer. Add cheese. Mix well.
For more recipes from this episode, click here!