10 Daily Affirmations for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- Recovery is absolutely possible and achievable for me.
- I will practice being disloyal to dysfunction and loyal to functionality.
- I give myself permission to connect with loving, affirmative, strong, sensitive, accepting men and women in my community.
- I release and forgive myself for any responsibility I have accepted in the past for my abuse.
- My abuser(s) from the past chose to hurt me—I will stop repeating the lie that it just "happened" to me.
- Giving myself daily compassion is necessary for my healing and growth.
- I commit to connecting to the boy inside me today so we can play, laugh and experience joy together, even if just for a minute or two.
- I believe deep inside me that I possess the ability to face the truth of my abuse and the tools to heal.
- I have the right and the ability to speak the truth of my abuse and deserve to be heard, understood, believed and supported.
- Feeling is healing. As I heal, I develop the ability to experience a wider range of emotions to enhance my health and connect to others.
Discover the first steps toward healing
Find out some of the stigmas of male sexual abuse
Male survivors share their stories