- Oprah & Friends, Inc. is a division of Harpo, Inc. and producer of Oprah Radio. Oprah Radio may change the dates and/or terms of a contest or sweepstakes without prior notice.
- Entrants for any contest must be at least 21 years old and a legal resident of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia to enter or win unless otherwise specified.
- Employees of Oprah & Friends, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Harpo, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotions agencies, affiliated companies, sponsors, vendors and the immediate family members of and members of the households of such employees are not eligible to win.
- Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and shall be governed by Illinois law. By participating, entrants agree that Illinois courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the contest or sweepstakes and agree that Cook County, Illinois shall be the venue for the same.
- No purchase necessary. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning a prize. Void in Canada, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law (which, may for certain Contests and Sweepstakes include, without limitation, Alabama and Mississippi). All decisions of Sponsor are final. By entering, participants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these contest rules and the final decisions of Sponsor.
- All taxes (federal, state, local or otherwise) on prize(s) and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize(s) are the sole responsibility of prize winner. Winner(s) may be required to complete a W-9, affidavit of eligibility, tax acknowledgment form and liability release for tax and confirmation purposes. All forms requested by must be completed, returned and postmarked within five (5) days of issuance either via facsimile or U.S. Registered mail to Oprah & Friends, Inc.. If the proper forms are not completed and returned, prizes will be considered forfeited and will not be awarded. Winner(s) shall be solely responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes incurred by acceptance and use of the prize(s) (or any portion thereof), if applicable.
- To participate, entrants should call 1-866-OPRAH-XM as directed on-air or otherwise by Oprah Radio. A winner(s) will be determined according to the direction given and the pre-determined procedures of Sponsor in accordance with the law. Winners may be determined by a call-out for a specific caller number (i.e. the seventh caller wins), a call out for a specific answer to a trivia or other question (i.e. the first caller to correctly answer the question wins), or other similar procedures. By calling Oprah Radio or entering any contest or sweepstakes on the station's website (primary landing page http://www.oprah.com/radio) or by other means (if allowed), entrants expressly consent and agree to permit Oprah Radio and its agents or assigns to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and/or voice likeness for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media including but not limited to on air and at www.oprah.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent forms if requested.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these rules.
- Prizes may not be substituted or transferred by any contest/sweepstakes winner and a winner may not receive cash redemption equal to the value of the prize in lieu of the prize.
- Oprah Radio reserves the right to substitute alternate prizes of equal or comparable value.
- Prizes are offered “as is” with no written, express, or implied warranty. Oprah Radio is not responsible for replacing tickets as a result of show or event cancellation, weather conditions, promoter, performer, travel arrangements or events beyond the control of Oprah Radio.
- All prizes will be sent via standard U.S. mail, unless otherwise specified.
- Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, misdirected, mutilated or incomplete forms.
- Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the contest will be disqualified. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES ALL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY ENTRANT ATTEMPTING TO DO SO TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING REPORTING SUCH ACTIVITIES TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES WHICH MAY RESULT IN OR LEAD TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude a contest should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the contest.
- In the event a contest is canceled prematurely for any reason, Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternate winner, but in the event an alternate winner cannot be determined, the prize(s) will not be awarded.
- Telephone Entries. If a contest accepts telephone entries, Oprah & Friends, Inc., Harpo, Inc. and their respective agents and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for the inability of caller to complete the call during the call-in portion of the contest, whether due to telephone equipment malfunctions; disconnections; busy lines; faulty, mis-transcribed, misdirected, or misdialed telephone communications; or other circumstances. Only calls to the designated telephone number during the designated time frame will be eligible to win.
- Fax and Mail Entries. If a contest accepts fax or mail entries (postal or electronic), Oprah & Friends, Inc., Harpo, Inc. and their respective agents and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for the late, misdirected, lost, misplaced, illegible, mutilated or postage-due entries for any reason, including electronic or computer malfunctions that may affect the delivery or content of the entry, nor are they liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or hardware related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the contest.
- Web Site Entries. In the event a contest accepts website entries, participants must accurately complete all required fields or such entry will be deemed invalid. Oprah & Friends, Inc., Harpo, Inc. and their respective agents and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any malfunction of the Internet, the Oprah Radio website or any other computer-related processor system. Sponsor is not responsible for any prize offered or any aspect of any contest appearing on an advertiser’s web banner or hyperlink located on the Oprah Radio website.
- These rules apply to all Oprah Radio sponsored contests unless modified or superseded by rules written for a specific contest, or if inapplicable for such a promotion or contest. In the event any specific contest rule conflicts with any of the general rules provided above, the specific contest rules prevail. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to interpret the rules of any contest, and such interpretation shall be binding upon all participants. Sponsors shall not be responsible for any administrative errors involved in the execution of any contest.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received and may vary based thereupon.
- The contest will start and end as specified in any further/contest specific rules (if any) or as designated on-air by the host or other Oprah Radio representative(s).
- The approximate market value of any prize(s) amounting to more than $600.00 will be given by host or other Oprah Radio representative(s) on-air (or will be specified in any further/contest specific rules (if any)).
- Limit one entry and giveaway/prize per household.
Sponsor: Oprah & Friends, Inc., 110 N. Carpenter St., Chicago, IL 60607. © 2010 Oprah & Friends, Inc. All rights reserved.
Published on October 29, 2009