Living Small and Loving It
Small-space dwellers Jay Shafer, Jack Sammis, Jane Mount and Maxwell and Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan each utilize some of the following ways to make the most of their tiny abodes.
- Get rid of items you don't need or don't love so you can focus on the things you do love.
- Maximize storage space by designating a place for every belonging.
- Personalize your home with things you love that represent who you are.
- Make a room look bigger by painting all the walls white.
- Create ambient light by replacing doors with curtains and lighting a closet from within.
- Organize your space so you fit in 90 percent of everything and have 10 percent open. If you have openness, the world will bring more to you!
- Make the most of outdoor space—whether it's a small garden, patio or front yard.
- Build up! Create customized cabinets that go from floor to ceiling.