- 1 piece refrigerated piecrust dough
- 1 1/3 cups plus 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup plus 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 3 ripe but firm pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 plums, pitted and sliced
DirectionsActive time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 1/2 hours
Note: If the piecrust dough you buy has different baking times and temperatures than given below, follow the directions on the package and check on the pie a few times while baking.
Place a baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat oven to 400°. Line a 9 1/2" pie pan with crust; set aside.
In a medium bowl, toss together 1 1/3 cups flour, butter, 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar, brown sugar, almonds, and 1/4 tsp. salt until mixture forms clumpy streusel bits; set aside. In a large bowl, toss together pears, plums, and remaining 2/3 cup granulated sugar, remaining 1/4 cup flour, and 1/4 tsp. salt until well coated. Fill piecrust with fruit and scatter streusel evenly over the top.
Place pie on top rack of oven and bake 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 375°. Continue baking until juices are bubbly and thickened, 45 to 60 minutes more. Set aside to let cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.