- 1 chicken, quartered
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- Enough vegetable oil to lightly cover chicken
- 2 cups brussels sprouts , outer leaves removed and quartered
- 2 pieces bacon (optional)
- 1 tsp. dried chilies
- 1/2 lemon , zested
- 1 cup white beans (soaked in water the night before if possible)
- 1 onion , peeled and cut in half
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. fresh or dried herbs of your choice
Preheat oven to 350°. Rub chicken with spices. Optional: If you have a grill, it is great to sear the loin over high heat. Place the chicken in the oven. The chicken should take approximately 20 to 25 minutes, depending on the size, or until juices run clear. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
Place bacon in a frying pan and cook over medium-low heat until bacon is crispy. Remove and chop into small pieces, leaving the fat in the pan. (If you are omitting bacon, substitute vegetable oil, enough to cover the frying pan.) Once the chicken is finished, heat frying pan over high heat and add brussels sprouts and chilies. Do not stir; wait until they get a golden brown. Then stir and let brown on other side. Remove from heat, add bacon, juice from 1/2 of a lemon and salt and pepper, mix and serve. Brussels sprouts should be golden and crunchy.
Serve together and enjoy.