|Get the best of Oprah.com in your inbox. Sign up for our newsletters!|
6 New Ways to Use Rhubarb
1. Savory Rhubarb and Chipotle Goat Cheese Pizza from Eats Well with Others
A pizza topped with a compote of rhubarb, balsamic vinegar and cranberry juice, sprinkled with smoky chipotle-infused goat cheese. Sounds weird? It works.
2. Sweet-and-Savory Rhubarb Jam from Cookbook Archaeology
This would be good with sharp Cheddar; some might even put it on grilled cheese. Also: with sausage on an English muffin for breakfast.
3. Savory Rhubarb Lentil Curry from Scissors and Spice
French lentils + rhubarb + mustard seeds + sweet potatoes = delicious
4. Chicken with Baked Rhubarb from Cooking Books
A Scandinavian take on roast chicken, requiring just three ingredients, not counting salt and pepper.
5. Asparagus with Balsamic Rhubarb Reduction from Cook Local
A rich, vinegary sauce makes a tasty dip for roasted asparagus.
6. Savory Black Pepper Rhubarb with Poached Duck Egg from EricaMulherin.com
You'll need plenty of toast to sop up the juices from this tart, buttery dish.
Please note that Harpo Productions, Inc., OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Discovery Communications LLC and their affiliated companies and entities have no affiliation with and do not endorse those entities, projects, or websites referenced above, which are provided solely as a courtesy. You should conduct your own independent investigation before using the services of any such entities, projects, or websites. Information is provided for your reference only.