The Best New Makeup for Fall
Plush, Velvety Eyes and Lips
Why you'll love the look: Intense pigments are married with supersilky textures in these shadows and lipsticks, giving you a glowy (but not glossy) finish. "The formulas make it really easy to wear rich colors," says Barose. "They're not matte, which can look chalky and harsh, but they're not too shimmery, either, so they won't accentuate fine lines."
How you'll wear it: Though you may associate velvet with holiday party dresses, this makeup works anytime, anywhere. Concentrate the color at the center of your lids or lips and then gently blend it out. For a soft, diffused effect (and the most fun), use your fingers and fully experience these cool, cushiony textures.
- DuWop Crush, $27.
- Chantecaille Shadow and the Rose Palette, $79.
- Benefit Full-Finish Lipstick in Sassy-frass, $18.
- Estée Lauder Signature Eyeshadow Quad in Berry Truffle, $35.
- Flirt! Glamourazzi Dreamy Eyes, $16.
- Le Métier de Beauté True Colour Eye Shadow in Jojo, $30.