The Best New Makeup for Fall
Brilliant Green Eyes
Why you'll love the look: It's never been so easy, or gorgeous, to go green. These lush hues of moss and fern are infused with a hint of gold pearl, so they're far more elegant than earthy.
How you'll wear it: Judiciously. "Just a hint of green can enhance any eye color, so less is definitely more," says makeup artist Matthew Nigara, who recommends edging only the upper lashline in green and blending the color outward with a Q-tip. If you want to tone down the brightness, layer the green on top of a soft brown. Fair skin can carry deep, concentrated greens; medium skin is best with lighter, golden khakis; and dark complexions glow against sparkling emeralds.
- Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Stay Matte in Martini, $18.
- Victoria's Secret Velvety Eye Shadow in Brazen, $12.
- Dior 2-Colour Eyeshadow in Tropical Look, $35.
- Sue Devitt Microaquatic Hydrating Marine Mineral Eye Palette in Green Isles, $38.
- MAC Pigment in Antique Green, $20.
- YSL 5 Colour Harmony in Garden of Eden, $56.
- Shu Uemura Duo Eyeshadow in Tantalizer, $36.