The Best New Makeup for Fall
Rich Nude Lips
Why you'll love the look: You can apply the new neutral lipsticks and glosses without a mirror, but their creamy textures and touch of shine make them look as polished as a meticulously applied crimson.
How you'll wear it: With a rosy blush and a couple of coats of mascara. "Even the most luscious nudes require a little extra definition on the rest of the face so you don't look washed-out," says makeup artist Nick Barose. Select your neutral shade wisely. Nudes tinged with bronze are gorgeous on dark skin, and peachy versions bring warmth to olive complexions. The fair-skinned must tread most carefully: Test shades on your hand to make sure they don't have a hint of frost; the best choices have pink undertones.
- Prestige Cosmetics Classic Lipstick in Spunky, $4.50.
- MAC Lipstick in Siss, $14.
- Clarins Joli Rouge in Hazelnut, $23.
- Flirt! High Wattage in Golden Confetti, $10.
- Chanel Glossimer in Gold Shine, $26.
- Aveda Uruku Lip Pigment in Sheer Ivory Nut, $14.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Just Enough Buff, $8.