Oprah's 7 Style Revelations
2. Keep it classic, not trendy "I used to like more trendy style. In the '80s, I couldn't get an earring big enough. There are pictures of me where my earrings look like napkin rings. It took a lot for me to say, I'm going to stay in my own lane of classic style."
3. Scoopnecks and v-necks are the most flattering "About two years ago I got rid of all my crewnecks—they box me in. It's really important to know what shapes work for you."
4. Avoid pointy-toed or ankle-strapped shoes "I had a lot of these at one time, but I have a new shoe philosophy. Pointy toes are too uncomfortable. I can barely walk two feet in them, and straps make your ankles look fatter."
5. Warm shades work best "People always want me to wear purple. But gold-infused colors look best on my skin tone: browny golds, burnt oranges, and golden yellows."
6. Sturdy everyday bags are a must "When I leave work, I'm carrying books for the show or folders for business, so my bag also has to serve as a briefcase. It can't have delicate little straps. I'd ruin it because I carry too much stuff."
7. Comfort is king "Pajamas are my favorite look, so I'm always doing a variation of that. My favorite thing on Earth is my Donna Karan cashmere onesie from 15 years ago. That's why I like jumpsuits—they're like wearing pajamas."