20 Ways to Find Joy in Every Day
"They can be spicy, vibrant and heady, or soft and sweet. Smelling a rose is grounding—when I crush a few petals in my hand, calm flows through my body."
"These have a fresh, clean scent that's a bit fruity and tart, with a crisp finish that's not as sweet or cloying as other flowers."
"It has a sweetness but also, because of a compound called indole—this is going to sound strange—a faintly rotten quality. The combination is sexy and intense."
"Gardenias possess a heavy, rich undertone. Picture the texture of cream—convert that to a scent and you'd land close to gardenias."
"It smells bright, green and tart, which makes it invigorating. I find that it perks me up and eases stress and tension."
Add flower power to your day:
1. Rose lemonade ($10 for four; DrinkFentimans.com)
2. J. Herbin lavender-scented ink ($15; Goldspot.com)
3. Crème de Rose Lip Balm ($27; Dior.com)
4. Magnolia hand cream ($5; WorldMarket.com)
5. Jasmin & Bergamote Shower Gel ($18; USA.LOccitane.com)
6. Gardenia soap ($8; SoapandPaperFactory.com)