Discovering Why You Are Here
We all have one. What does it mean? How does it influence our lives?
They provide the foundation for our personalities— what is an archetype?
Discover Your Purpose
We're all seeking to discover our mission in life. According to Caroline, there are three steps to set you on your path .
In order to abide by your sacred contracts, follow these steps:
- Appreciate your life. When you look at your life without gratitude, you can't appreciate how it's all trying to come together to get you to the next place.
- Realize you are special. Every life, especially your own, has something special to offer, and your real job is to figure that out.
- Let your spirit resolve issues with adversaries. If you can see how that person has helped you grow, you can learn about yourself and discover why you were meant to know that person.
- Let it sink in. You will know when you have a sacred contract with another person. You'll feel the energy between you. Whether it's "I know you" or "I don't want to know you," you are helping your spirit.
- The Child : Longs to be light-hearted, innocent and expectant of the wonders of tomorrow. Has a playful quality at times and can bring out a parental quality in others to communicate. Will retreat after a disagreement.
- The Victim : Does not take responsibility for her own well-being or happiness. Can bring out the need in you to develop self-esteem, stand up and take care of yourself.
- The Saboteur : Runs away from opportunities and the sacred contract that can lead to happiness. Is frightened of life and good things, so turns away from them.
- The Prostitute : Helps people face the parts of themselves that will negotiate their self-worth. Gives herself "away" too much to gain pleasures that don't contribute to her well-being.
Your archetypes are your guides. If you can identify them, you will be able to lead a complete life in which each part of yourself is fulfilled. For example, if you call yourself an "artist," you will need to express yourself as an artist in some manner in this lifetime, or else you may feel restless, incomplete or unhappy.
Discovering Why You Are Here | Your Sacred Contract | Discovering Your Purpose
Know yourself. Lack of self-understanding and direction can lead to emotional stress, depression or illness. Knowing yourself is not only important to your mind, but your body and spirit as well. The further you stray from your mission in life, the more out of sync your life's energy will be.
Know your behavioral patterns. Every life is lived by archetypal patterns that offer insight into your psyche. You will gain insight into your life's mission if you notice your personality patterns. Every part of you has its role, no matter how painful or joyful it may be.
- Exercise: Start with the word always , as in "I always feel ______," or "I always do _______." Any time you find an always in your life, there's an archetype there.
Try the exercise in your journal and explore how you can make the archetype work for you.
Discovering Why You Are Here | Your Sacred Contract | Defining Archetypes