25 Ways to Beat the Blues
16. Create your own blog.
17. Come up with one can't-miss-meal—and serve it to six friends.
18. Try a new kind of yoga class.
19. Conquer your revulsion at putting the worm on the hook.
20. Tennis, anyone?
21. Learn to be alone (turn off your TV and your phone, shut down your computer, and enjoy a little solitude).
22. Tango...it only takes one to practice.
23. Buy an atlas; spend some time with it. You'll never know when Meredith Viera will call and you'll have to be a lifeline.
24. Polish your inner Joni Mitchell: Pick up the guitar you put down in tenth grade.
25. Learn to juggle. We mean oranges, not responsibilities.
More Ways to Brighten Your Day
- Homegrown tricks for cheering yourself up
- 10 happiness quotes we love
- How to make any job better (hint: it's all about your attitude)
From the January 2001 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine.