Emotional Affairs 101
Most people are not looking for an affair when it starts. They find themselves interested in a person, and it becomes a slippery slope. They start to depend on these friends for the emotional highs and good feelings they provide during the day. The secrecy adds to the excitement and the attraction. As the intensity of attachment and involvement rises, so does the likelihood that the affair will become sexual.
Are you wondering whether you are having an emotional affair?
- Do you avoid telling your partner how much time you spend or talk with the other person?
- Do you tell this person more about your day than your partner? Do you even tell him about your marital dissatisfaction?
- Do you "ready your appearance" to see him?
- Is there a sexual attraction (spoken or unspoken) between you?
- Would you feel guilty if your partner saw you together?