Help! I need to know how my husband and I can talk to you or someone that you would recommend in our area. I am probably like the woman on the show, but my husband has taken my lack of sex drive personally and feels rejected. Things are not good right now and I don't even know how to begin this conversation with him. We are like roommates and just doing what is necessary to take care of our daughter right now.
— dlcjohnson

So many of you are asking about finding a good couples/sex therapist. At the Berman Center we do ongoing, individual, couples and sex therapy in person and by phone in certain cases. We also do intensive retreats where couples come for 3-5 days and leave their lives behind to jump start things in their relationship. Then afterwards the staff at the Berman Center will help you find a therapist in your community to work with and/or will continue working with you on the phone. You can check out our website or call for more information. We'd love to have you!

In general, when you look for a sex therapist in your community you should be looking for someone who does general as well as sex therapy and is experienced in both. Talk to them on the phone and ask about their particular experience treating problems like yours. It is also completely OK to have a trial session and see if there is a connection and if you are comfortable with them. This is especially important if you have a hesitant partner. You would want to go first, check the person out and make sure you, and your partner, would click with them.
As a reminder, always consult your doctor for medical advice and treatment before starting any program.


Next Story