12 Simple Ways to Have Better Sex
Foods to Get In the Mood
Since good nutrition feeds into healthy sexuality, try eating more unprocessed whole grains—brown rice, oats, barley, bulgur, kasha, quinoa. These often-ignored complex carbohydrates contain B vitamins and minerals and are high in fiber, which means you digest them slowly and feel satisfied for a long time.
- Have oatmeal for breakfast (top it with dried cranberries or raisins and a handful of nuts to make it tastier).
- Add barley or brown rice to soups.
- Instead of white rice or potatoes, try cooking up bulgur or couscous.
- When baking, use whole wheat flour for at least half the flour amount.
It's an aphrodisiac. It has antioxidants. Who's got the chocolate? Then again, how do we avoid consuming the whole box? A few ways to get your fix without all the fat and sugar usually in attendance:
- Choose recipes with cocoa powder instead of bars or chips.
- Try chocolate-covered raisins or coffee beans instead of Kisses or M&M's.
- Low-fat, low-calorie hot chocolate can pinch-hit for the real thing.
- Instead of premium chocolate ice cream, have low-fat frozen yogurt or sorbet—or mix half and half.
- Buy some really good, expensive chocolates and have just one (go on, close the box) after dinner. See if you can make that piece last 15 minutes. If the taste turns into a binge, you may want to stick with nonchocolate candy.
More Great Sex Advice