Candied Yams and Green Beans Recipes
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 8 tablespoons butter 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups water
Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them in half the long way (tip to tip), then cut each half into 3/4 inch slices.
Melt the butter and margarine in a pot. Add sugar, nutmeg cinnamon, vanilla, and water and bring to a boil
Add sweet potatoes to pot and stir. Reduce heat to low and cover.
Cook for about 45 minutes to an hour or until potatoes are "candied." They should be tender but a little hard around the edge. Serve hot.
- 6 cups frozen green beans
- 1 small russet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 5 tablespoons chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/3 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium pot bring water, butter, and chicken stock to a boil.
Add garlic and potato. Boil until potato begin to soften, approx. 10 min.
Reduce heat and add green beans, onions, red pepper, and sugar.
Simmer for 10 minutes or till green beans are tender.