Sweet Chili-Glazed Wings Recipe
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Ease of Preparation: Easy
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings (drumettes and flats)
- 2 tablespoons neutral-tasting oil, such as sunflower or canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1/4 cup water or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
For the wings: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Set a wire rack inside a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
In a large bowl, toss together the chicken wings and oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the wings in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until browned and cooked through, 40 to 45 minutes.
For the glaze: In a small saucepan, bring the agave nectar, brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha, water, sesame oil and lime juice to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for 15 minutes to thicken.
Remove the wings from the oven and toss them in the sauce. Return the wings to the rack in the baking sheet and cook until the glaze really sticks to the wings, about 5 minutes more.
Remove from the oven and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
Watch Lovely Bites Saturdays at 12 p.m. ET/PT, or stream full episodes on the Watch OWN app.