My Mama's Potato Salad Recipe
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Ease of Preparation: Easy
- 4 large russet potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into medium dice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 white onion, cut into small dice
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 1/2 stalk celery, cut into small dice
- 1/3 cup salad dressing spread, such as Miracle whip
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
In a large pot, combine the potatoes and eggs. Fill the pot so that the water covers the potatoes by at least 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. (The eggs will be hard-boiled by now.) Drain and set the potatoes aside. Peel and dice the eggs.
In a medium bowl, add the reserved potatoes with the eggs, onion, bell pepper, celery, salad dressing spread, sugar and salt and white pepper to taste. Gently mix to combine.
Watch Lovely Bites Saturdays at 12 p.m. ET/PT, or stream full episodes on the Watch OWN app.