Grilled Pound Cake with Cherries and Mascarpone Recipe
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Ease of Preparation: Easy
- 4 slices (each 1 to 2 inches thick) pound cake
- Unsalted butter, at room temperature, for brushing
- One 10-ounce package frozen sweet cherries, thawed
- 1 cup mascarpone (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Preheat a grill for medium-high heat.
Generously brush the pound cake on both sides with butter. Add the pound cake to the hot grill and cook until grill marks form on the first side, about 2 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Remove from the grill..
In a small bowl, combine the mascarpone, confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Place a grilled pound cake slice on each of 4 serving plates and then top with a small dollop of the mascarpone mixture, add a few cherries and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the almonds.
Watch Lovely Bites Saturdays at 12 p.m. ET/PT, or stream full episodes on the Watch OWN app.