Eberhart Street Corn Recipe
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Ease of Preparation: Easy
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ears of corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Creamy Avocado Sauce:
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful of fresh cilantro leaves and stems, plus more leaves for garnish
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 jalapeno (with seeds and ribs intact)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Crumbled Cotija, lime wedges and smoked paprika
For the corn: In a large pot of salted boiling water, add the corn and boil until the kernels are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
Place the butter in a large bowl. Add the hot corn, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
For the creamy avocado sauce: In a blender, add the avocado, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno and mayonnaise and blend until smooth. Add up to 2 tablespoons water if needed to thin the sauce out.
For the toppings: Smear the avocado sauce on each ear of corn, then sprinkle with Cotija and smoked paprika and garnish with lime wedges and cilantro leaves.
Watch Lovely Bites Saturdays at 12 p.m. ET/PT, or stream full episodes on the Watch OWN app.