Doctored-Up Frozen Veggie Pizza Recipe
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Ease of Preparation: Easy
- One 12-inch frozen pepperoni pizza, such as Chicago's Home Run Inn
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 bulb fennel, shaved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Honey, for drizzling
Preheat the oven according to the pizza package directions.
In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. When the butter melts, add the mushrooms, spinach and red pepper flakes. Saute until the spinach wilts and the mushrooms are softened, stirring frequently, about 5minutes.
Put the frozen pizza onto a baking sheet and top with the mushroom-spinach mixture. Add the fennel, cherry tomatoes and goat cheese Add a generous drizzle of olive oil.
Bake the pizza until the crust is golden and the toppings are browned in spots according to the package instructions.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle the top with more red pepper flakes and the Parmesan. Drizzle the entire pizza with honey. Let cool slightly before slicing into squares.
Watch Lovely Bites Saturdays at 12 p.m. ET/PT, or stream full episodes on the Watch OWN app.