Baked Eggs with Spinach and Feta Recipe
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Ease of Preparation: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 white onion, cut into small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- One 14.5-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 big handfuls baby spinach
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (about 4 ounces)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted baguette, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Next, add the broth and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and slowly stir just until the spinach has wilted, about 1 minute. Turn off the heat.
Make 5 wells in the spinach mixture with the back of a large spoon and crack an egg into each well. Evenly sprinkle the feta over the top, season the eggs with salt and pepper and give everything a good drizzle of olive oil.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the eggs are just set but the yolks are still runny, 12 to 15 minutes.
Serve with the toasted baguette.
Watch Lovely Bites Saturdays at 12 p.m. ET/PT, or stream full episodes on the Watch OWN app.