33 (More) Reasons to Love the Golden Sisters. (PHOTO ALBUM)
Here are 33 vintage family photos from everyone's favorite senior citizen sisters. Can you tell them apart?
1. Because of those rosy cheeks! How cute were Josie and Terry as babies?!
2. Because even though they can’t quite sit on their own, these ladies already know how to strike a pose. Josie (left) and Terry (right) are just 4 months old here!
3. Because we are pretty sure that no one told them to cross their legs like that simultaneously; they probably did twin stuff like that all the time.
4. Because in this photo from 1946 when they were seven years old, Josie and Terry look like the twins from The Shining, only less creepy.
5. Because Josie (left) and Terry (right) have matching dollies, and because even at seven years old, they already know how to cross their ankles like all proper ladies must.
6. Because of this double salute. I mean...does it get any cuter than those little outfits and hats? Josie and Terry in 1942, and for the record, their mother made those outfits. Double awesome.
7. Because the matching outfits always get us, and there's never a bad place for a twins photo op. Terry and Josie at 9 years old in 1948.
8. Because Josie (right) and Terry (left) always seem to actually like each other, as evidenced in this adorable photo when they were 10 years old.
9. Because they had to walk eight miles every day to school, in the snow, uphill both ways... just kidding. But they are walking in some ankle-deep snow on their college campus in Massachusetts in 1979 with some mighty heavy books here... and doing it with a smile.
10. This awesome necktie in a photo of Terry from her 1957 High School graduation. #GoldenSisterGrads
11. This similarly awesome necktie/collar in Josie's 1957 High School Graduation photo.
12. This fabulous graduation photo of Terry in 1957. #GoldenSisterGrads
13. Because these sassy twins aren't afraid to mix pastel dresses...or to try short, blonde hairdos! Terry and Josie became blondes in New York City in 1960.
14. Because these ladies are educated! Josie (right) and Terry (left) at their High School Graduation, 1957. #GoldenSisterGrads
15. Because our Junior High School graduation outfits were nothing like these. Josie and Terry in 1954 on graduation day. Bonus: their mom made those dresses! #GoldenSisterGrads
16. Because this is Terry's official Junior High Graduation picture in 1954. Totally natural pose. Right...? #GoldenSisterGrads
17. Because of this photo from girl's night out at the Coconut Grove in 1970. Even back then, these sisters knew how to sit around a table and charm a camera.
18. Because 14 year-old Mary is WORKING it in this photo on her junior high graduation. Who knew she'd end up being a Vegas-class poker shark some day? This was probably an early version of her angelic poker face. #GoldenSisterGrads
19. Because Mary put together this dress, delicate shawl and fantastic matching hair accessory to make what we are convinced must have been THE outfit at Aunt Rosie's wedding in 1950. Plus, they say that shade of teal looks great on pretty much all skin tones.
20. Because this photo is actually a print of Mary in 1948 that was done on cloth. And her hair looks fabulous.
21. Because Terry is totally giving us mock-turtleneck chic in this 1968 portrait.
22. Because it takes guts to wear the same dress, haircut and corsage just in different colors to Mary's 25th wedding anniversary. Terry (left) and Josie (right)—we still love the blonde hair!
23. Because we are loving this trio of brunette pixie haircuts and Josie's daring halter top dress! This was circa 1975 at their mom's 50th wedding anniversary. From left: Josie, Mary, Terry.
24. BECAUSE THEY WERE ON FAMILY FEUD in 1978!
25. Because Mary is looking sexy, confident and beautiful in this little white number on her 25th wedding anniversary in 1976.
26. Because Terry gave the entire Cleveland High School football team of 1976 perms. No, really, those are men getting perms. While wearing their football jerseys.
27. Because even back then, Mary sometimes looks off at something behind the camera right in the middle of shooting (another example: here). 1986, Mary and Terry.
28. Because Terry always looks lovely in pale pinks, and knows how to look elegant at her son's wedding in 1986.
29. Because Terry knows how to keep it stylin' while posing for a photo on a sailboat in Marina del Ray, California. Everyone should also have a photo like this. #SmoothSailing
30. Because even back in 1979 on campus at UCLA, Terry knew how to rock boots and a long skirt. #FashionTrailblazer.
31. Because of this photo of Mary looking cool as a cucumber, laid back and in charge. 1986 at Terry's son's wedding.
32. Because Josie always wins us over with this smile, and a great broach can always complete an outfit. 1979 at UCLA.
33. Because Josie always knows how to rock a simple strand of pearls and puffed shoulder sleeves. 1986 at Terry's son's wedding.